Monday, January 3, 2011

Port Orleans Riverside Scrapbook Page

In celebration of our 2011 Disney trip, I've decided to hold to my New Year's resolution to create one 2-page Disney scrapbook layout per week.  My son, Joey, was just 14 months for his first trip to WDW in 2006.  Since we will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside in October, and I just paid my deposit, I figured I would use my excitement to inspire this scrapbook page.  I have most of the 2006 scrapbook done, but this was one page I just couldn't seem to put together.  It has been a while since we visited POR, so before beginning, I took to the internet for a little inspiration.  What I came across not only inspired my scrapbook layout, but also exponentially increased my excitement for staying at POR!  All Ears (one of my favorite unofficial Disney sites) posted a video of the resort: Port Orleans Riverside for AllEars

For the background paper I used sheets from DCWV paper stack Old World.  I had searched and searched through all my Disney paper and just couldn't find anything to fit this theme.  While working on another scrapbook project, I found this paper and it seemed to be just what I needed.  When I tried to use frames for the pictures, it just didn't work, so this is one of the few layouts I have done without them.  The picture of the resort is actually the postcard in our packet of information we received when we checked in.  The little Mickeys are embellishments I came across some time ago. 


What is your favorite Disney resort scrapbook page?  Leave a link or a comment below.  I would love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment