Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Entry for Papercraft Star's Challenge #17

As you may have noticed from previous posts, I am somewhat new to using my Cricut, cardmaking and all that.  I have decided to force myself to expand my skills by participating in a few challenges.  Not only does it make me use some of the cartridges I have never tried, it gives me an opportunity to see how other people interpret different challenges.  Seeing other projects has certainly inspired me to try new things.  So here is a Halloween card I created for my son's kindergarten teacher.  I used my favorite cartridge Paper Doll Dress Up.  I know . . . I need to try some others, but I love "cute" Halloween and this cartridge does that!  I also used Lyrical Letters to created the word "Boo!"  I have owned Lyrical Letters for a while but haven't taken the time to use it.  It has a lot on there and I really need to test this one out more. 

I am entering this project in Papercraft Star's Challenge #17: Using a photograph posted on the site to inspire your creation.  I tried to use a lot of the same colors in the photo.  I didn't have anything with polka dots, so my background is "dotted" with stars.

5 comments:

  1. This card is just so dang adorable. You did a fabulous job, beautifully composed! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fun! Thanks for sharing it with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! I love making these cards - so fun! Thank you for having the challenges too. It makes me make time to participate and do something I love to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, is this ever cute! Love the spider web corners and that ghost is just adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Anne Marie! Paper Doll Dress Up is my favorite cartridge! :-)

    ReplyDelete