Friday, October 15, 2010

Family Room Renovation Complete!

I am excited to report that our family room renovation is complete!  Over the past week, we cleaned out our family room, which was a main area for toys, repainted the room, hung chair rail and installed custom built bookshelves and a TV stand built by my dad.

Over the past week, my kids toys have been dispersed all over the house and furniture has been moved to other rooms.  I have found that when you renovate, your house apparently has to get more cluttered and chaotic before returning to normal.  Today my dad finished up a few little things and I am ready to restore order!  I need to get the curtains back up, fill the shelves and find some wall art to spruce up the room.

I am so lucky to have such a talented dad who was willing to give up every spare moment of his time to build this for us.  He started the project while he was working full-time in Washington, DC and only home in NH on the weekends.  Seeing how great the room came out, now I am ready to move on to the next project.  I am thinking renovating the kitchen, but my husband is convinced we should have a sports room in our basement, though he has tried to convince me of that by saying it would be a great playroom for the kids.  Hmmm . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment