Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Creating Cricut Wall Decorations for My Nephew's Hospital Room

My two year old nephew, Dustin, was recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.  (You can read more about what our family has been facing in my post Team Dustin ~ Prayers and Pixie Dust)  Being so far away from him, I had to do something to feel like I was helping, since I couldn't be there in person.  I decided what better way to send a little love than to create some wall decorations for his hospital room.  His two favorite characters are Elmo and Mickey Mouse.  I have all the Disney cartridges, so the Mickey ones I got right to work on.  I had no Elmo or Sesame Street cartridges, so I headed right to eBay and ordered every one I could get my hands on.  Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of the Mickey wall hangings because as soon as they were done, the kids and I headed straight to the post office with the wall hangings, as well as a collection of different things they could use to hang them on the walls (I wasn't sure what the hospital allowed, so anything I found from 3M products to tacky putty, I bought!).  But I used my Mickey & Friends Cricut Cartridge to create Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Donald.


As soon as my first Sesame Street Cricut cartridge arrived I got to work on Elmo wall hangings.  Here is what the kids and I created for some summer fun decorations (and I plan to send a set for fall and winter too!):

I used the cartridge Sesame Street Seasons.  I created Elmo at 9", Big Bird at 11", Cookie Monster at 10" and Zoey at 8.5".  





The Team Dustin sign was created for his door.  I used the Sesame Street Font Cartidge and cut Elmo at
7.5" and the font at 1.25".   They are using the Team Dustin term on all their t-shirts, fundraising events and anything else you can think of.  Dustin is definitely a fighter and we know he is going to beat this!



Go Team Dustin!!!  
Please keep him in your prayers!  
He can use all the support he can get right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment