Sunday, August 22, 2010

An Early Halloween ~ Part 2

It is hard to believe that we are rounding the corner to fall.  Our summer in NH has been one of the best I can remember in a long time.  As I mentioned in part one of my Halloween posts, with three kids, I have to create cards (or anything for that matter) when I have time and feel inspired.  Surprisingly, the other night I was feeling inspired to create some Halloween cards for my nephews.  Maybe it was the cool fall-feeling night or that I noticed the days are definitely getting shorter, but either way, Halloween was on my mind.

In my last post, I gave the directions to make a quick Halloween card using the Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge without making a paper doll.  This cartridge is worth purchasing, just for the numerous accessories!  For this card, I created a paper doll dressed as a ghost as the main image for the card and accented it with other accessories from the cartridge.  I also used the Cricut Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge to create the tag.

Materials:
Cricut Machine
Black cardstock
Purple cardstock
Flesh colored cardstock
Yellow cardstock
Provocraft "Trick or Treat" patterned paper
"Happy Halloween" stamp
White gel pen
Yarn

1. Create a 5x7 card using the black cardstock
2. Cut a 4.5"x6.5" rectangle from the patterned paper
3. Using the TBBM cartridge, cut a 2" circle tag with hole from the yellow cardstock
4. Using the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge, cut a 4" doll from the flesh colored cardstock
5. Using the PDDU cartridge, cut at 4" out of white cardstock a ghost costume
6. Using the PDDU cartridge, cut at 4" out of purple cardstock a trick or treat bag (you will need to select Headwear, shift, Frankenstein)
7. Using the PDDU cartridge, cut at 4" out of black cardstock a cat (you will need to select Accessories 2, shift, Frankenstein)
8. Using a gel pen, color the cat's eyes and outline its features, as well as outline the words "Trick or treat" on the purple bag
9. Put all the pieces in place on the patterned paper and attach it to the black card

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on fealing bored at home even though its VERY busy and important. Thanks for following my blogs. I'm following yours and added you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I definitely love being with the kids and know I am very lucky to be able to stay home with the kids. But I can only play Candyland, Cooties and all that for so long! :-) Of course the fact that my kids are so close in age made it difficult to do anything for myself (my third was born 10 days before my oldest turned 3~it was little busy to say the least!). I think I have finally figured out a good balance between doing things for the kids, my husband and myself!

    ReplyDelete