Saturday, August 28, 2010

Disney/Pixar Cars Cricut Cartridge Review


My brother and sister-in-law just sent my son a few little school things for Joey's first day of kindergarten.  So I had Joey help me design and make a thank you card using my Cricut machine.  I found the Cricut Cars Cartridge a few months ago in the clearance section at WalMart, which was very exciting.  My son is absolutely a Cars fanatic ~ he has a Cars bedroom, probably has collected every single die cast car from the movie, and has had a Cars themed birthday for his last 4 birthdays.  Needless to say, this Cars cartridge has come in very handy.

One of the best things about this particular cartridge is that it includes just about all the characters, other than specific piston cup racers, from the movie and for most characters there are at least two different versions you can create.  In addition to the characters, there are a lot of accessories including street signs, road pieces, and different popular sayings and symbols from the movie.  For example, if we look at the character "The King," you can create 3 different versions of him, his name, the Piston Cup and the Dinoco sign.  Each character comes with several accessories, which I love!  Now the only negative I find with this cartridge is that the characters are extremely detailed, which means cutting out a lot of very small pieces and finding where they fit in.  This means in order for me to be able to create them, without making myself crazy, I have to make them large, since my smaller Cricut machine does not cut as precisely as a Cricut Expression would (I am hoping to upgrade to one soon!).  So with that in mind, the card I created is very large to accommodate the large vehicle my son chose to decorate his thank you card.

In order to create this card, I also used the "Mickey Font" Cricut cartridge.  I created a license plate with the word "Thanks" on it.  Surprisingly, the Cars cartridge did not come with the license plate option. It seems it would fit in perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment