Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chocolate Kahlua Trifle

I know this picture has nothing to
do with this dessert, but I
figure since my kids are dressed in
their Patriots clothes, I can use it
until I get a picture of the dessert!
This recipe is one of the easiest dessert recipes I have that is always a crowd pleaser!  There are so many versions of this recipe online, but this happens to be the one I use and love.  (Pictures coming soon - I will be making this for the Super Bowl this weekend!)

Ingredients:

  • 1 pkg. Devil's Food Cake Mix
  • 1/2 c. Kahlua
  • 4c. Milk
  • 1 pkg. Toffee Bits (if your store doesn't carry these, crush 3 to 4 Skor bars)
  • 2 pkgs. Instant Chocolate Pudding
  • 1-8oz. Cool Whip



  1. Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions for a 13x9 size cake.  Cool to room temperature.
  2. Pierce holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour Kahlua over cake.  Let stand for 2 hours.
  3. Cut cake into 8 pieces.
  4. Place 4 pieces in the bottom of a trifle bowl.
  5. Prepare one package of chocolate pudding according to directions.  Pour over the cake in the trifle bowl.
  6. Cover with one 8oz. container of Cool Whip.
  7. Sprinkle half the toffee bits over the Cool Whip
  8. Repeat steps 4-7 until all ingredients are used.
  9. Chill until ready to serve
I recommend giving this at least an hour to sit before serving to give the pudding plenty of time to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment