|I know this picture has nothing to|
do with this dessert, but I
figure since my kids are dressed in
their Patriots clothes, I can use it
until I get a picture of the dessert!
- 1 pkg. Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 c. Kahlua
- 4c. Milk
- 1 pkg. Toffee Bits (if your store doesn't carry these, crush 3 to 4 Skor bars)
- 2 pkgs. Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1-8oz. Cool Whip
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions for a 13x9 size cake. Cool to room temperature.
- Pierce holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour Kahlua over cake. Let stand for 2 hours.
- Cut cake into 8 pieces.
- Place 4 pieces in the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Prepare one package of chocolate pudding according to directions. Pour over the cake in the trifle bowl.
- Cover with one 8oz. container of Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle half the toffee bits over the Cool Whip
- Repeat steps 4-7 until all ingredients are used.
- Chill until ready to serve
I recommend giving this at least an hour to sit before serving to give the pudding plenty of time to set.